Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I ain't a Lioness


I have been living in the ‘Lion City’ (Singapore) for nearly a year and I still have trouble to feel this city. Hmm, what do I mean by feeling a city?!

Let’s be bluntly honest...!!
This city lacks Punks, Goths, Diva's and anyone else who likes to 'occasionally' drop out of what society perceives as 'normal'!!!
U can narrow Singapura down into four groups:

First
of course the stereotypical Singaporean which speaks Singlish not English.
The average Singaporean girl has probably more than three Hair Straightener in her draw. She just loves her silky, black hair straight (Girls listen to me – straight hair doesn’t suit everyone!) She likes her Shorts, Flip Flops and in the evening her little black Mini Dress. She is independent, hard working and at the end of the year she will spent all of her savings for her most precious ‘Louis Vuitton’ bag. Singaporean men are not very emotional at least they like to spend on their women. He is addicted to Tiger Beer and also hard working.
He loves movies and his biggest dream is to drive a Mercedes one day which is more than unlikely. (Cars are highly taxed here)


The second group are the Bankers. Oh, yes the Prophets of Capitalism.
We love to watch them in Clubs such as Brix (Full of expensive Hookers) spending extortionate amounts of money to show off. They behave ludicrously everywhere - no need to get into it…BORING!


The third Group is the Australian Man. Yes, you will come across a lot of Australians in Singapore they live and love here. U will meet them at the Four Floors of Whores.
You will catch some of them on the Fourth Floor.
(Be daring have a look if you live her too, I actually like it up there!! (Ladyboy Floor))
The Australian man is continuously on a hunt for his 'Sheila'.


The last group is the Expat Family. They are so lucky! This Family will most likely consist of two children, live in a three-four bedroom condo right in the city, have a personal maid and a nanny.
Expat wives are lying by the pool, enjoying a Mocktail or two and their nanny takes care of the screaming kids. She can shop without her children, she can go to the Spa every single day and her husband won’t be late home for a ready made meal by the maid. (Working hours are not like in Tokyo)

I guess I have been living in London too long. I miss the edginess!
Please, do not get me wrong I am having a great time here and I have met beautiful,magnificent people. The sun is shining and the shopping is great. But for someone like me who is too creative and way too expressive its not the right place.
I guess I just ain’t a Lioness.


P.S: Yes, I do judge, yes I do generalize – I am working on it! One day I will be enlightened enough to get rid of such bad habits! But we all need to be entertained :)

No comments:

Post a Comment