Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recommendation....


The other day I passed by a book shop and a bright orange book got my attention. A book written by Elizabeth Gilbert 'Committed'.

In 2008 TIME Magazine voted her one of the one hundred most influential people in the world. (Normally I do not believe in such pointless lists as I think each of us influences the world in his or her own way)
Anyways, she most certainly did influence me! The book captured my immediate attention and I finished it within 2 days.

Gilbert is one of the very, very many who has broken her vows.
She is brave enough to open her soul to the public about this difficult time. Her language is the language of a women who feels with her heart and only her heart. She tried to understand why she failed, she is a seeker just like me and most of us! And because she did so she found 'Love' again.

The book is not only about her, its about 'women' - from different cultures, from different generations. We all have different perceptions of marriage and she is trying to find out what those are.
I do not want to spoil the book, hence I will stop now!

I am in my mid twenties I am suppose to believe that fairy tales are true!
But you know what!?!...Cinderella only exists in the world of cartoons but Fiona and Shrek live in our world!!
Hearing the word 'Marriage' freaks me out - I get Goose bumbs all over my body!
Yes, you might think I am a Commitment Phobic but I don't think I am!

'Committed' has helped me a little to understand why most of us fail and that a world without believing in love is no world.

Trust me give it a go... especially if you are like me...raised with separated parents, surrounded by friends who have divorced parents, friends who are already divorced etc.

Btw if you find your Shrek...preserve the love well...it's hard work but u can do it! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment