Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fanny pack spotted in Thailand!

'The fanny pack (US), belt pack (US), belly bag (US), Buffalo pouch (US), hip sack (US), hip pack (UK), or bum bag (UK, Canada, Oceania), moon bag (South Africa), the Joe bag, or man bag, is a small fabric pouch secured with a zipper and worn at the waist by a strap around the hips or waist.'



I am in peachy Phuket at the moment. The beaches are great although the water is not crystal clear.
When you cross through the streets of Phuket you certainly think you are back in the 80s.
You will spot Caucasian women in their 40s with short, spiky hair, way too tanned and with a fanny pack around heir hips.
God, I love fanny packs! Fashionable in the 80s. Nowadays it's an unforgivable fashion faux pas.
I remember my mom had at least 20 fanny packs and of course I had a Barbie one.
I totally understand why travelers/women wear the 'ultimate' fanny pack, it's much more comfortable than carrying a hand bag, you certainly shouldn't bring your Muse bag to Thailand.
Thailand is not the place to show off - just be yourself, and show your unmasked face (Yes, I am not wearing any make up!) That's what traveling in Asia is all about!

I am sure most of you have already been or you have read tons of articles about this stunningly beautiful country. We all know that a lot of tourists come to Thailand to only release some of their sexual frustration.
It is quite shocking to watch horrendously looking white men with very, very young Thai girls.
In a way I understand those men! Thai girls are so friendly, attentive, charming, naive and very pretty. I love those girls, too! What a great culture, everyone is smiling here.
Even German and Russian tourists are smiling.

In my own opinion it is a little sad - how a culture can also be downgraded to 'sex'.
You don't only see guys in their 60s buying themselves a young Thai girl.
Oh, no! Girls if your husbands and boyfriends fly with their friends to Thailand for a short trip....I would certainly give it a very high chance that he will not reject all those pretty, little faces on the streets trying to grab his best friend and screaming 'Sucky! Sucky!' at him!

I don't know how mad I would get if my husband or boyfriend would travel to Thailand and sleep with a Thai. I think I would most certainly 'kill' him if he slept with a Ladyboy.
Ladyboys are gorgeous in Thailand! I wish I would have their legs!
But those Ladies have way too much attitude!!

For now I am trying to ignore the sex tourism in Thailand and I will just lie by the beach, enjoy a cocktail or two, eat Pad Thai and get as many massages as possible.
Because that's the essence of Thailand! It's about total relaxation and my fanny pack which carries everything you need - credit card, passport, Labello and indifference.










1 comment: